About This Series
In the late 80’s, I began a series of paintings that explored the possibility of two coexisting visual realities that portrayed man and nature in harmonious coexistence. A specific, recognizable face and a consistent living environment were chosen to enable the viewer to participate in this visual game and marvel at the completion of the image. My never ending fascination with nature, science, mechanics and culture inspired and yielded this exciting and vibrant new imagery.
MC Escher’s use of contrary motion and negative space, Guiseppe Acrimboldi’s composition with fruit, Salavdor Dali’s paranoiac-critical method of creative seeing, and Chuck Close’s system of building images out of clusters of accumulated marks can all be considered historical bloodlines to this work.
- Suggested as the next Salvador Dali in the Salvador Dali newsletter.
- This release of ten new images of the Surreal Celebrity Portraits in Limited Edition Print is the first publication of these works since the series was completed in 1993.
- 1993 Absolut Vodka Artist of the Year original painting created for Absolut shown in publications through out the year.
- Featured in the new Marilyn in Art book celebrating Marilyn's 80th Birthday published in 2006.
- Commissioned portrait of Jim Morrison for MTV's "Museum of Unnatural History"
- Featured on Sun up San Diego, morning TV program.
- Featured on CBS, Entertainment Tonight, NYC,USA
- Permanent installation of light box images in CLUB NV, SoHo, NYC, USA
- One Man Show at The Bergen Museum of Art and Science , NJ, USA
- One Man Show at Drew University with Governor Tom Kean NJ,USA
- One Man Show at The Limelight ,NYC,USA
- Published four Limited Edition Silkscreen Prints.
- Featured on Inside New Jersey WNET TV-Channel 13, NJ,USA
- 1993 Fall Group show at The Time is Always Now Gallery, SoHo ,NYC,USA